ganked from paradisacorbasi
who should know that I will eat just about anything.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you've eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
((And I put in italics the ones I haven't but WANT to try.))
The VGT Omnivoreâs Hundred:1. Venison
Wisconsin, where deer hunting is a big enough deal for kids to get out of school to hunt with their parents.
2. Nettle tea3. Huevos rancheros l
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile Indigo:how about alligator? -Haven't tried either yet.
6. Black pudding7. Cheese fondue
Was on menu first 2 years I worked! Good stuff.8. Carp
I know how to MAKE this. =D
10. Baba ghanoush ....wanna try it. Eeeeeggplant.11. Calamari
12. Pho -sounds good!13. PB&J sandwich
to the point where I have to be in a really BIG mood to get it.14. Aloo gobi
didn't recognize it at first but I eat this everytime we stop at the Himalayan/indian place in Madison.15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses -illegal to transport here so not yet
17. Black truffle -Have only tried something made with the oil ONCE. Not the same as actual truffle I'm told.18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
Cherry, raspberry, blackberry, pear and dandelion. NOT AT THE SAME TIME.19. Steamed pork buns
...they're okay. Don't like em flavored with bbq sauce inside.20. Pistachio ice cream
Ick.21. Heirloom tomatoes
we have had a sort of caprese salad with these every summer at work. reeeealy good.22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
Dad had me try it as a kid
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper -unknown? If it's in the bell pepper family it can kiss off.27. Dulce de leche
made it for spanish class!28. Oysters
30. Bagna cauda31. Wasabi peas
an alright snackage. 32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
Atlanta bread company on a winter day. 's okay. 33. Salted lassi
....germanic family heritage. I've been having this since I was six.35. Root beer float
comforting fave of childhood.
36. Cognac with a fat cigar - same response as Indigo. Not likely.
37. Clotted cream tea -WANNA TRY. Tea with clotted cream and little biscuits? nromnomnom.38. Vodka jelly/Jell-O
41. Curried goat
WANT MORE OF THIS PLEASE. I love finding curried goat anything at indian restaurants
42. Whole insects covered in chocolate - not yet. curious about it though.
43. Phaal44. Goat's milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth $120 or more ...could try this at work. not likely. Not a sipping whiskey person.
46. Fugu -curious, but I want it done by a professional first.47. Chicken tikka masala
A regular for me. I make this whenever possible48. Eel
I think smoked eel sushi counts.49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
tried it, found it far too sweet for my tastes
50. Sea urchin -another not yet thing. still working up nads towards it.51. Prickly pear
Grandma S got some whole ones and a jam made from the fruit for us one christmass when we were little ankle sharks.52. Umeboshi
a bento box regular!53. Abalone
duuude so good on sushi
54. Paneer55. McDonald's Big Mac Meal
my germanic hertitage strikes again! Also I happen to love it. Mom used to put it into her chicken soups instead of packed noodles, and we make it with creamed spinach and bacon at the restaurant as a side dish.57. Dirty gin martini
had it as an experiment. like fruity-tinis more58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine -Not yet.60. Carob chips
62. Sweetbreads eeeewbrainmeats
63. Kaolin ---google says it's a clay?
64. Currywurst - wanna try it
65. Durian -...not so much curious about it.
66. Frogs' Legs -mildly curious67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake all of the above.
hello midway food favorites! Nom.
68. Haggis69. Fried plantain
had the chips. Were okay. Nothing special.
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette - no.71. Gazpacho
s'alright. Provided someone doesn't put bell peppers in mine.
72. Caviar and blini -had the former not the latter
73. Louche absinthe - not yet
74. Gjetost, or brunost - should one of these days. heritage and all that.75. Roadkill
Dad used the car to kill a snapping turtle on the side of the road for soup. It counts.
76. Baijiu77. Hostess Fruit Pie
again with the meh.
78. Snail Wanna try it fresh!79. Lapsang souchong not a fan
with Indigo on this. Not like smoke.
81. Tom yum82. Eggs Benedict
Men's dark chocolate pocky is my favorite.
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant Not YET. Wanna go.
85. Kobe beef86. Hare
Mom hunts game. I think anything wild and legal has been on the table at least once.87. Goulash88. Flowers
During the summer there're baskets of edible pretties and of the flowers from zuchinnis. The zuchinni blooms taste GREAT stirfried.
89. Horse l
90. Criollo chocolate -not yet, on the list91. Spam
as a kid. still don't like it.
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox -- bagel yes, lox no.
97. Lobster Thermidor
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake- not yet, but you know me, I'll try anything without bell peppers once!
101. Rocky Mountain Oysters and/or lamb fries
102. Nasi goring
104. blackened Redfish
105. Mud Crab106 Crayfish
108. Geoduck109. Pheasant
110. Real Kimchee things that smell like that should STAY buried.
Indigo's additions:111. Sushi!!! <3
I LOVE me some tako and white tuna.
112. Karakoumiss -- ......NO idea what this is.113. Italian Wedding Soup
not bad, but not terribly exciting
114. Beef Wellington115. Cherries Jubilee
Yes. Though is ick. I do not like cherries116. Creme Brulee
I help make these at work! A blackberry brandy creme brulee is delight117. Drunken Goat Cheese
118. Subgum Wonton Soup
119. Morton Bay Bugs
Marusia's Additions121. Crispy baked chicken skins
122. Fried rice with raisins and chicken hearts
123. Morel Mushroom
126. Beef Tempura
127. Sardine cakes
128. Chinese Chive Dumpling129. Golden Curry spice mix
not quite as commonly used but still good.
130. Sakura Denbu